Sixth internal workshop of the network
On 26th February 2019 the eve meeting before the actual workshop takes place in Magdeburg. The host, the MoDiSeM partner KONTENDA GmbH, has organized a guided tour of the city by a "night watchman". A cheerful mixture of city history, old and new anecdotes, local patriotism and a global view gave most of the participants an unexpected impression of today's state capital. Magdeburg was the “navel of the world” or at least of Europe over 1.000 years ago, had a Vatican-like territory and was war capital due to its special fortresses. After the tour there was a dinner with vivid conversations and a first exchange of project ideas.
On 27th February 2019 KONTENDA GmbH hosts the internal network workshop. The premises of the ifak Institute for Automation and Communication e.V. in the Think Factory in the Magdeburg Science Harbour are used. The chairman of the board, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ulrich Jumar, presents a welcoming address. Afterwards the network manager in charge, Prof. Dr. Alfred Iwainsky, opens the event, welcomes the 19 participants and thanks the host, Mr. Gerling (managing director of KONENDA GmbH).
The most important workshop topies are:
- Status of the total of 15 research and development initiatives of the MoDiSeM network, discussion of next activities
- Announcements relevant to MoDiSeM on current funding programmes or competitions
- First discussions under technical and organisational aspects
- Status of the preparation of important activities within the framework of public relations activities of MoDiSeM, in particular
- Planning/organisation of a joint appearance at the Innovation Day for Small and Medium Sized Companies of the BMWi on 09th May 2019 at AiF Projekt GmbH in Berlin-Pankow
- Planning/organization of the Innovation Forum on fourth and fifth June 2019 at the Campus Wilhelminenhof of the Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Berlin
During lunch Prof. Iwainsky, the network manager in charge, informs Mr. Diakon Tobias Kley, Innovation and Technology Project Manager at EJS, about a development by Innok Robotics GmbH to automate the irrigation of graves using an autonomous small tank vehicle. He recommends consultation with the responsible authorities at Paul Gerhardt Diakonie gAG.