Citizens' Forum "Innovations for Mobility"
This Citizens’ Forum is one of the four components of the two-day Innovation Forum "Autonomous, Mobile Services - Services for Mobility" in the Audimax and nearby outdoor areas of the HTW Berlin, one of the three organizers. The other two organizers are the GFaI Society for the Promotion of Applied Computer Science (Institute at HTW Berlin) with its ZIM cooperation network MoDiSeM and Berlin Partner for Business and Technology GmbH.
Compared with the component "Transfer-Day" of the Innovation Forum, the Citizens' Forum is characterized by the following:
- Block of three lectures of general interest, moderated by Mr. Frank Panse, Project Manager at eMo-Berlin with good opportunities for discussions or comments
- Two additional lectures on the development of the control of E-powered wheelchairs by eye movement and the detection of a person’s fall, e. g. in flats
- Even more options for own experience with small electric vehicles in the outdoor areas
Full program of the Innovation Forum
Programme of the Citizens' Forum
Mr. Frank Panse, Project Manager Innovation at eMo-Berlin, moderates the following invited lectures and your contributions to the panel discussion, answers questions and arranges important contacts:
- Elektrische Kleinfahrzeuge (light electric vehicles): Aktueller Stand, Herausforderungen, Perspektiven
Herr Markus Wozniak-Mauersberger, Ber-LEAN TechCenter GmbH
- Alternativen zum Privatauto - Wie mobil sind wir wirklich?
Dr. Christian Scherf, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin für Sozialforschung (WBZ)
- Eine Hand reicht aus, um nach den Sternen zu greifen
Frau Claudia Breidbach, Fallschirmspringerin mit Armprothese, Össur Deutschland GmbH
Download der Präsentation als PDF
Many more highlights await you!
- Lecture by Mr. Timothy Fürstenberg on the development of an eye control system for electric wheelchairs (18:00 h)
- Lecture by Prof. Dr. Gerd Stanke on the subject of fall detection with video presentation (18:30)
- Individual or guided visiting of the exhibition
- Test drives with E-Trikes and other small electric vehicles
- Trying out a lift for people with physical disabilities
- Test drives with electrically operated wheelchairs
- Demonstration of a wheelchair controlled by eye movement
(click images to zoom)